Aims of the course
If you are experiencing effects of stress or anxiety such as difficulties with sleep, panic and low mood and are looking to learn new ways to control these our Stress Control course could help. We teach a range of skills and techniques which are based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) which is a talking therapy that can help you manage your problems by changing the way you think and behave.
Type of course
The course runs over six sessions and is a group based session where people come along to listen and learn more.
Who this course may benefit
The course is for people wanting to learn ways to control problems such as anxiety, or stress. It is for anyone who may be feeling the effects of stress including difficulties with sleep, panic and low mood. It will help you learn new skills to manage symptoms more confidently.
Where this course runs
How to access the course
Enroll on this course at the link below. Remember, you are very welcome to bring someone along with you (16+) for moral support. Courses are running on the following dates:
- Keighley Healthy Living Centre 4:00pm – 5:30pm on 9 January 2019, 17 April 2019, 31 July 2019.
- Keighley Healthy Living Centre 6:00pm – 7:30pm on 6 March 2019.
- Skipton Dynley House 1:00pm – 2:30pm on 25 January 2019, 3 May 2019, 9 August 2019.
- Ilkley Medical Centre 6:00pm – 7:30pm on 8 January 2019, 9 April 2019, 16 July 2019.
- Bentham Living Well 1:00pm – 2.30pm on 30 November 2018, 22 March 2019, 28 June 2019, 4 October 2019.
- Settle, St Johns Church 10:00am – 11:30am on 7 January 2019, 15 April 2019, 8 July 2019.
- Kala Sangam 1:00pm – 2:30pm on 4 December 2018, 26 March 2019, 2 July 2019, 8 October 2019.
- Cottingley Community Centre 6:00pm -7:30pm on 8 January 2019, 9 April 2019, 23 July 2019.
- Cottingley Community Centre 1:30pm-3:00pm on 21 February 2019, 30 May 2019, 5 September 2019.
- Royd’s Enterprise Park 5:30pm – 7:00pm on 28 February 2019.
I attended this course in June and it has made me feel so much better about the way I handle situations